Chris back from his whirlwind week travelling in Germany, The Netherlands and Belgium. He is sooo tired because he's been travelling since he started this job. It's Saturday morning 11:30 and we are just hanging out at our temporary apartment, windows open ( its maybe 75 degrees) with church bells clanging in the background. Today is market day but we don't feel like walking down to the outdoor market. We do need to run some errands and get some groceries; Chris leaves again on Monday and will be gone all week. (Poor guy-I think he'll suffer thru Italy, Spain and Portugal!)
Luke and Layne attended a week of summer school at their new school-The international School of Wiesbaden. The principal thought it would be a good opportunity for them to meet some other children and acclimate a bit before the first day of school. Layne was very excited and had her backpack and lunch already to go the first day! She was the only girl in her class of 7, but she held her own. She told them all she was in charge and pulled the "ladies first" line a few times per her teacher. She cooked, went on nature walks, did art projects and read. She loved it and was so cute at the final day presentation as her class of boys sang a song about watermelons!
Luke likes his school as well. He met several new friends and a GIRL that he keeps smiling about. (Oh Lord!) He was busy with Reading and Writer's Workshop, ICT and Science Lab. He really enjoyed the other children and I had several moms come up to me and ask if I was Luke's mom. He made quite an impression on several of the kids-already getting play date requests.
While the monkeys were at school, I was busy with nice long walks with Angel through the many parks here. Angel is doing ok, but I think she will be better once we are settled in our house. I also spend time cleaning up around here (white tiles floors-ugh) and by the time I showered, it was noon and time to get the kids! Afternoons were spent outside at parks. Weather has been beautiful.
I originally started this blog to tell about our Montessori homeschooling and life overseas. Since we aren't homeschooling, I'm just going to roll with it and write whatever comes to mind. Have had a few requests for some yoga related posts. I'll get there! I did practice quite a bit in the states this summer, but haven't been on my mat in a week. I'm committed to getting on again on Monday-I'll update you then. I really need some inversions!
Off to get some lunch. I'm going to try and write alteast twice a week. Keep us in your prayers and intentions-Chris is stressed with all his new responsibility and there is some uncertainty with the house, how long we'll be in a hotel/apartment situation etc. REALLY looking forward to getting settled. Love and light!
The blog is closing
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment