The school year started Thursday and the kids were READY. Luke especially was glad to have some friends in his class and he really likes his teacher. He has jumped right in and is THRIVING. Layne.....well......it will take time. Her teacher is very sweet and Layne adores her but she is going to have to learn that she has to listen to other adults and she is now part of a community where she has to wait her turn etc. We had a bit of a situation the first day with the German teacher who said something (to the class) about :"If you dont behave..." Layne took this as a direct threat and was very upset. Clearly, I addressed this with her teacher and the principal. On the second day, when the class transitioned from the rug to centers, Layne didnt get to use the computer because all the stations were occupied. SHe was very upset about this and I got a 2 page note from her teacher describing the incident. Layne was very expressive to her teacher that she was "frustrated and stressed". She told her teacher that she "needed some time alone." The teacher let her rest on the couch and another teacher went to talk to her. Layne refused to talk to the other teacher and wouldnt give her name and simply said "Im not up for talking right now, Im frustrated!" Im sure this was all accompanied by tears and that face she makes. UGH. Im not alarmed, just feeling bad for her because it IS stressful and new for her. The thought of her being ALONE and sad is gut wrenching. Still, I know she is ok, safe and her teacher is a hugger so its there if she needs it. I told the teacher in the future, Layne responds well to yogic breathing to calm down and worse case-Luke is just upstairs. he's very good at comforting her. I am very glad that she is so good at expressing her feelings!
I am in the midst of unpacking HELL. I really dont remember it ever being this bad. Chris is swamped at work...his new boss flies in Monday for a week of travelling together. He was champ and stayed home Thursday and Friday to help with unpacking. (I swear he has atleast 3x the clothes I have). I keep finding furniture and knick knacks that swore to the movers weren't ours. Apparently my husband went on a bit of a shopping binge while I was in the states- we now own a chess table, a ping pong table, several new tables and paintings.!!!!!
Angel has taken the move hard. We are giving her lots of love and hoping she turns a corner soon.More soon!
The blog is closing
7 months ago

No comments:
Post a Comment