Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Random Thoughts on a SNOWY evening

Yesterday we had a snow day...it was unexpected so exciting for the kids. The German schools were open, but because so many children live so far out and our school radius is about 60 miles, I feel the decision was appropriate. Surprisingly, my children are OVER the cold snow and ice and spent most of the day inside...Luke designing and building a new Lego ship and Layne reading, baking and just "being". The cats enjoyed the extra snuggles and we all took Angel on a short walk down to the market for some TP ( why do we always run out of tp when it is snowing??) Anyway, overall a good day. What I found interesting was all the people complaining on FB about how this messed up their schedules! For me, a lazy day at home is always welcome. Everything can wait...be present in THIS moment. We didnt need to get together with anyone, we didnt need entertainment. We talked about this and I just said to Luke and Layne I felt that US just being together is the most important thing...we have always had that motto. Its really about the 4 of us, wherever we are, that is the most important consideration. I like that.

No comments: