Tuesday, April 29, 2008

There it is!!!!! Yes, I AM WEARING AN ABAYA! Swore it would never happen. We went to the Grand Mosque for a tour and you have to wear an abaya. I didnt really like the way they did the head dress, my friends do it much nicer and have pretty colored scarfs (Nazia!) Still, it was a cumulative experience of my time in the Middle East. Didn't really learn much new on the tour but it was interesting to be in the Mosque. I would have liked our tour guide to be Bahraini, I love the gentle spirit, but we had a Frenchman! He was quite arrogant and made several comments about "wives obeying their husbands" to which CHris responded by laughing nervously. One of my "looks" stopped that in it's tracks. He later told me he much prefers his equal as his partner. Layne didnt have to cover, but she wanted to so here she is!

Both Luke and Layne are very interested in prayer. Luke on his own went and did the prayer movements ( forgot the name) that is done 5x a day. Layne went to the rug and did her Lotus position and started her yogic prayers. It was a nice experience for them and Im glad we did it.



1 comment:

بـنـت بـطنـهـا said...

woow you both look nice i wish you've had a nice tour.

Bint