Well, so far I haven't fulfilled my commitment to blog more. Im kinda addicted to FB with my new Iphone so I'm going to wean myself off that! The kids have been on spring break for 2 weeks and its been heaven. They both have really been able to decompress a bit. Their school is an awesome school, but neither of them LOVE school. I think the homeschooling option made it difficult. I assure them both that they are older and if we are able to homeschool again, they'd be putting in much more time.
We were really lucky that we got to accompany Chris on a business trip to the Middle East! I have wanted to visit my friend Debi in AbuDhabi for a while. I couldn't imagine we'd every spend the money to go back to Bahrain, but this opportunity was too good to pass up. We stayed with our dear friends the Axtells. We miss the slow pace of our life there and the relaxed attitude of the Axtells! We got to spend time with friends and visit our our complex. Berlin is doing well, but was a bit sad to see us go again. She is retiring in December and I told her for me, that's great because I'm ready to visit Sri Lanka! 3 days was enough, and my overall impression after going back was it was dirty, and the Saudi influence was strong. Abayas, the villages, the sense of separation of the haves and have nots-it can weigh heavily. Seeing my friends again-priceless.
Abu Dhabi was amazing. We loved it here. Cleaner, and more expats it seemed, the energy was not as heavy. Lots of opportunity for fun in the sun-water parks, swimming, beach etc. My favorite part was 4 wheeling in the desert and the desert camp for dinner. The kids took the obligatory camel ride ( which is old hat for them) and sandboarded down the dunes. The desert is really pretty there-gorgeous rolling dunes. Very different from the flat rocky desert in Bahrain. Seeing the Douglas family again was really great. The boys jumped right into their friendship again and Layne was soon calling Debi Mommy#2 just like before. Debi is an amazing mom to 2 active twins and has a great insight into parenting. I learn a lot from her and just enjoy the comfortable nature of our friendship. LOVE YA DEBI!
Our return to Germany has been smooth. Its spring and gorgeous in Deutschland. Flowers blooming everywhere, cherry blossoms blooming, birds singing. It amazing what a little sunshine can do for you! I have lightened up the calendar and am trying to keep a lot of weekends open for just "being". After school activities have been reduced so the kids can just play, climb trees, be outside. Luke is still playing the trumpet, enjoys boyscouts, and is starting basketball on Friday ( he has decided this is his favorite sport!) Layne is singing in the choir and enjoys Daisy Scouts.
I am committing to post a minimum of once a week....here we go!
We were really lucky that we got to accompany Chris on a business trip to the Middle East! I have wanted to visit my friend Debi in AbuDhabi for a while. I couldn't imagine we'd every spend the money to go back to Bahrain, but this opportunity was too good to pass up. We stayed with our dear friends the Axtells. We miss the slow pace of our life there and the relaxed attitude of the Axtells! We got to spend time with friends and visit our our complex. Berlin is doing well, but was a bit sad to see us go again. She is retiring in December and I told her for me, that's great because I'm ready to visit Sri Lanka! 3 days was enough, and my overall impression after going back was it was dirty, and the Saudi influence was strong. Abayas, the villages, the sense of separation of the haves and have nots-it can weigh heavily. Seeing my friends again-priceless.
Abu Dhabi was amazing. We loved it here. Cleaner, and more expats it seemed, the energy was not as heavy. Lots of opportunity for fun in the sun-water parks, swimming, beach etc. My favorite part was 4 wheeling in the desert and the desert camp for dinner. The kids took the obligatory camel ride ( which is old hat for them) and sandboarded down the dunes. The desert is really pretty there-gorgeous rolling dunes. Very different from the flat rocky desert in Bahrain. Seeing the Douglas family again was really great. The boys jumped right into their friendship again and Layne was soon calling Debi Mommy#2 just like before. Debi is an amazing mom to 2 active twins and has a great insight into parenting. I learn a lot from her and just enjoy the comfortable nature of our friendship. LOVE YA DEBI!
Our return to Germany has been smooth. Its spring and gorgeous in Deutschland. Flowers blooming everywhere, cherry blossoms blooming, birds singing. It amazing what a little sunshine can do for you! I have lightened up the calendar and am trying to keep a lot of weekends open for just "being". After school activities have been reduced so the kids can just play, climb trees, be outside. Luke is still playing the trumpet, enjoys boyscouts, and is starting basketball on Friday ( he has decided this is his favorite sport!) Layne is singing in the choir and enjoys Daisy Scouts.
I am committing to post a minimum of once a week....here we go!

No comments:
Post a Comment